If you are looking for a hand-held vacuum which has a strong beater bar look no further. This Eureka 71B Hand-Held Vacuum Cleaner is surely an impressive cleaning machine. Ideal for stairs and furniture! Eureka 71B Hand-Held Vacuum Cleaner
• The brush head is fantastic at picking up dirt and pet hair
• Very strong vacuum that delivers fantastic suction that easily picks up pet hair and anything that you have on the floor or carpet
• Simple to use
• The vacuum is quite compact
• All of the attachments remain hooked up once you attach them
• Very easy to store or carry from area to area
• Very well-built and really should last many years
• Easily gets into hard to reach corners
• No rechargeable batteries to wear down or be swapped out, in addition being a plug in it has a lot more power when compared to a battery operated vacuum cleaner.
• Might be too heavy for some people, mainly people with arthritis or other health conditions where lifting and grasping items is difficult.
• The filter can be challenging to wash as dust and especially pet hair is quite difficult to take out
• Vacuum is rather noisy, but that is a problem with most hand held vacuums
• Filter needs cleaning somewhat often
• The cord should be completely unwrapped to use or it will all slip off while you are vacuuming, would be a substantial improvement if they would make it a retractable power cord
We have 2 sheepdogs and 3 cats. If I'm away for a week I get home to tumbleweed sized hair golf balls rolling gently down the hallway and stuck to every fabric surface area in the house.
I have hardwood floors on the first floor of the house, so it's seemed silly to carry the full vacuum from another floor in order to clean the sofa. And a full sized vacuum cleaner is a pain for that type of task. I had a hand attachment with a suction powered agitator brush for it, however it didn't work effectively enough, and I had no place to store the thing on the vacuum itself. I also had a portable vac... the pop-out from an Electrolux EL1000B Pronto Stick Vacuum... although it was suitable for little messes and stray cat litter, it actually didn't do well with pet hair.
I got the Eureka for the hair problem and I am extremely satisfied by the purchase. It is corded, but I think that to get sufficient power to drive a decent agitator brush, that's to be expected. I was more worried about how well it worked, as opposed to it being cordless. It's also bagless, which I can get behind after searching for the bags for my full sized upright one weekend.
And it truely does work. That agitator brush makes a big difference, sucking the hair off of my couch as well as other furniture. I even use it on the dog beds in between laundering them, and it gets all of them hair free. I love the fact that it has a hose, or that I don't have to first turn on the agitator, and can suck up cat litter easily without it flinging everywhere like a regular vacuum.
It also is not as noisy as a full sized vacuum. And the unexpected ability to flip the agitator shield the other way so i could very easily vacuum upright surfaces makes this thing a winner.
I had the cat condo legs, the stair treads and the curtains hair free the very first day. I'm giving away the Electrolux, and keeping the Eureka 71B!
Update: I had to clean the filter for the first time this weekend. I used regular dish-soap and a scrub brush designed for cleaning your fingernails. It came totally clean and white in under 5 minutes and dried overnight. It was back in use again the next day. I believe you wouldn't need to replace this filter unless it got broken, as long as it continues to clean up this well. Eureka 71B Hand-Held Vacuum Cleaner